Written on Monday, June 18, 2007 by Gemini
Norton AntiVirus - The most precompiled program in all new computers IS a virus to anyone who knows anything about computers.
What Qualifies as A Virus
- Uses Up Massive System Resources - DDOS "Zombies" viruses can use up tons of your CPU space while they send looping pings of invalid lengths to their coordinated servers of choice. They're no match to Norton AntiVirus though, which can use up to 40% of your CPU and a gross amount of Memory.
- Fake Error Messages & Getting Your Credit Card Number - If you do not choose to activate the trial version of Norton. You still have their disgusting services activited and eating your computer resources. Every startup you will be hassled with "You're NOT PROTECTED AGAINST THE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PROBLEMS THAT AWAIT YOU ACTIVATE THE TRIAL".
Is Your Computer Secure Without Norton?
YES. You can use a powerful cocktail of programs that's even more secure and faster than the bloatware that is norton. You should really ask yourself, "Is it worth having my computer go slower to have Norton AntiVirus scan every file I look at and every program I run." Many people confuse hardware problems for their old computers as viruses and anecdotally fear removing the antivirus even if they don't download anything risky.
- Delete Norton: They have an uninstall utility if it fails. It can cause serious issues if improperty installed due to its need to have rabid control over EVERYTHING.
- Disable Windows FireWall And Defender: If you enjoy a fast computer disable these services
- Install ClamWin and FreeAV: Two Free AntiViruses that are very ligh tweight
- Install Sygate Personal Firewall: Very small firewall that does the job, it's completely free.
- Install Adaware and Spybot: Free anti spyware programs with a great reputation.
- Install SiteAdvison: Extension for firefox. It alerts you of the good sites and the bad sites. Don't ever click on google sponsored ads when looking to download software.
- Scan with Windows OneCare: Every week, month, or before using your credit card each time scan with windows OneCare.
If You Value Computer Performance and You're Over 10, then... DELETE NORTON If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed